Part-Time Fundraising Event Associate Internship
The Fundraising Event Intern will support Global Camps Africa’s annual fundraising events in New York City and Washington, DC. The internship will be approximately 15hr/week, and will be a volunteer (unpaid) position. While this is a remote internship, we do expect to meet in person a couple times in our Reston, VA offices.
- Assist the GCA team with achieving the events’ fundraising goals
- Assist with social media initiatives to increase awareness and online social presence
- Venue research and onsite visits in D.C.
- Support tracking and reporting on budget, revenue, and attendees
- Collect auction items, including use of electronic auction site
- Periodic communication with attendees and GCA board members
- Work with caterers, florists, venue managers, auctioneers, and staff to plan event logistics
This is an excellent opportunity for a student seeking non-profit event and fundraising experience and significant responsibility at the internship level.
- Organized, highly motivated, courteous, detail oriented, and flexible
- Ability to work at a professional level in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication, and research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and social media platforms
Position will remain open until filled. Please submit the following in PDF documents with the subject line “Fundraising Internship Application”:
- Resume with related experience
- Cover Letter expressing interest
- At least 2 references
Email completed PDF documents to firstname.lastname@example.org