Communications & Administrative Assistant Fall 2016
Global Camps Africa is seeking a qualified intern to assist with fundraising, office support, public relations and communications up to 20 hours per week in its Reston, Virginia office.
Communications responsibilities will include:
- Helping to maintain the organization's donor database and assisting with donor acknowledgement processes
- Researching current best-practices in different areas of program outreach
- Researching current news about world HIV/AIDS issues and events
- Drafting and posting to social media sites and organization's blog
- Researching and implementing best-practices in digital marketing
The intern will be responsible for providing the staff with administrative and technical support. In addition, the intern will be included in fundraising and special event planning and execution, and, as appropriate, may be assigned special projects. The intern may engage their fellow students in the work of GCA by contributing to student outreach and helping GCA engage in student activities on campus. Hours will be completed during business hours Monday through Friday, with the expectation that the intern will be able to volunteer a few Saturdays a month to assist at our booth at the Lake Anne Farmers Market.
A successful candidate will have excellent communication, writing, and research skills and will be familiar with social media and Google Drive. This is an excellent opportunity for a student seeking broad non-profit experience and significant responsibility at the internship level. Teacher recommendation and references will be required. This is an unpaid position and will start in September 2016.
Submit the following:
- Resume with related experience
- Cover Letter expressing interest
- Three references
Email completed documents to email@example.com