Global Camps Africa is seeking a part-time event coordinator to support its annual event in Washington, DC. The role is temporary, beginning immediately and ending two weeks after the event date (tentatively May 4, 2017).
The successful candidate will have experience successfully coordinating gala events, including responsibility for the following:
- coordinating planning meetings with host committee members, staff, and members of the Board of Directors
- planning and executing event marketing, including electronic and printed invitations, social media, earned media, and sponsorship materials
- working with caterers, venue managers, auctioneers, and staff to plan and implement event logistics
- recruiting and managing volunteers for day-of-event tasks (auction set-up, guest welcome, auction check-out, etc.)
- tracking and reporting on budget and revenue
- collecting and managing auction items, including use of electronic auction site
Interested candidates should send send a resume and three professional references to Courtney Harris via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please submit applications no later than February 1, 2017.